Share It Button

Hill's Science Diet Mature Adult Active Longevity Small Bites Dry Dog Food. (diet adult dog food)

Hill's Science Diet Mature Adult Active Longevity Small Bites Dry Dog Food. (diet adult dog food)
February 1, 2013
By Tirra -

The vet diagnosed my little Pom(Tazzi) with renal failure and suggested Tazzi be put to sleep on the spot. Of course, I disagreed and took Tazzi home. After 30 minutes of internet research, I discovered several recipes for dog food for dogs with renal failure. I began to make and feed those recipes to Tazzi and he made a quick and remarkable recovery. Making your own dog food can be a little time consuming though so I began to search for pre-made dog foods that would provide the same benefits as the home made dog food. "Science Diet Mature" met my criteria. Reducing the intake of phosphate is extremely important for dogs with kidney troubles and Science diet mature contains the least amount of phosphate I have seen in any other non-specialized, over the counter dog food. Anyway, I put a small handful of Science Diet Mature in a little dish(Tazzi is only 4.5lbs), add some water and microwave it for 1 minute. By the time the mix has cooled, the water has soaked into the food pellets to make them soft and very easy for Tazzi to eat. I feed Tazzi like this whenever he is hungry(about 4 times a day) and fortunately he really likes the taste. I should have had Tazzi on this Science Diet all his life. He is more alert and active than he has been in years! The day the vet advised me to put Tazzi to sleep I thought I only had days left to be with him. Now Im convinced he and I are going to be together for at least another couple of years(he is 13yo atm).

October 30, 2013
By RAP -

My two pugs love this diet dog food and I love the home delivery. One of our dogs was having difficulty holding her bowels overnight but after switching to this dog food for mature dogs the problem was solved within two days. It has been a great find for us and for her. Our dogs are healthy and active for older dogs. We get a great price buying the 33 pound bags and our dogs love the taste. They have also been able to maintain their weight, which is a challenge for pugs, and their coats are very healthy looking.

September 16, 2013
By Jackelyn Garcia -

I tried this food after my vet recommended it. My dog was previously on Blue, which was great too, but made him gassy. I've had him on Science Diet for Seniors for a couple of weeks now and the energy and playfulness in my 12.5 year old mixed breed is amazing. He's acting like a puppy again. He loves the food, eats it all at once, rather than graze like he used to. He seems to have put on a few pounds too, which is good news, because his weight was a concern before. Highly recommend this food for aging dogs!



-Hill's Science Diet Mature Adult Active Longevity Small Bites Dry Dog Food. (diet adult dog food)-